It’s officially fall, which means pumpkin spice lattes, crisp leaves, and seasonal decorations! If you’re looking to up your home decor game this fall, these five ways to transform your home into a fall wonderland are sure to impress. Let’s start decorating with a few tips from Cardinal Cleaning!
1) A Pop of Color
One of the easiest ways to change your decor for fall is to add a pop of color. This can be done with throw pillows, blankets, vases, or even just a few key pieces of art. You can also use this opportunity to switch out your light bulbs for warmer tones. It’s important to note that some people don’t enjoy the orange and yellow tones that most people associate with autumn so it’s good to play around and see what you like best. You can opt for neutral tones, duller maroons, and crispy oranges if you prefer!
2) A Touch of Pumpkin Spice
The first step to getting your home ready for fall is to add a touch of pumpkin spice. You can do this by burning scented candles, diffusing essential oils, or baking something delicious. Take a trip to Bath and Body Works for candles, or you can also explore the world of essential oils on sites like Young Living. Also, don’t forget the most important part of fall scents: food! Stock up on all of your favorite seasonal goodies so you can enjoy them all season long. Whether it’s pumpkin pie, cinnamon apple crisps, or just a good cup of coffee, these snacks will leave your stomach and your nose satisfied.
3) Create a Warm Vibe
As the days get shorter and the weather gets cooler, it’s time to start thinking about how to cozify your home for fall. Here are five ways to do it, while creating a warm and inviting feeling:
- Bring in some warm-colored throws and pillows. Think reds, oranges, and yellows.
- Put out a fall-scented candle or two. Scents like pumpkin spice, apple cider, and cinnamon will make your home feel warm and inviting.
- Swap out your light summertime curtains for heavier drapes in rich jewel tones.
- Rake up some leaves from your yard and put them in a big bowl on your coffee table or dining room table.
- Turn on the fireplace!
- Make smores!
- Invest in foot warmers to put near your couch.
- Or a weighted blanket!
4) Add Wreaths and Garland
Adding wreaths and garlands is an easy way to add some fall flare to your home. You can find these items at most craft stores or even make them yourself. You can pick fall foliage, like colorful leaves, sunflowers, berries, and so on. Adding some pumpkins, either real or fake, is also a great way to decorate for the fall season. You can put them on your porch, in your windows, or even inside your home. The pumpkins will last through Thanksgiving, as well! The hardest part about this project is deciding which pumpkins you want to buy! There are so many different styles, sizes, shapes, etc. The perfect pumpkin may be waiting for you just around the corner!
5) Halloween Decorations
Halloween is something you either love or can’t stand. For those of us who love the occasion – one of the best things about fall is getting to decorate your home for Halloween! You can go all out with spooky decorations, or keep it simple with some pumpkins and gourds. Either way, your home will be ready for trick-or-treaters! Here are a few ideas to get you started…
- Fake spider webs If you have big windows, cover them in spider webs. If not, layout sheets on the floor and sprinkle them with spiders. They’ll provide great visual effects without being too scary!
- Turn plants into jack o’lanterns. Gather up some giant vegetables such as squash and put a candle inside. Try alternating colors to make an even more festive display that still looks natural outside your door.
- Check out your local holiday store or even a thrift shop for more decoration! Try to reuse decorations to be sustainable this Halloween, and avoid cluttering your home!
Now that you’re preparing to decorate for fall, you may also realize that your home could use a deep cleaning. You know who to call! You can reach us at 404-920-8551 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free quote.
Cardinal Cleaning values consistent, quality service and trustworthy business practices. Our cleaners will use proper procedures and techniques to ensure you and your loved ones can enjoy cleanliness in your home. If you are in need of a cleaning service that provides consistent quality and service, we are your go-to local cleaning service serving Conyers, Georgia, as well as nearby areas including Covington, Loganville, Oxford, and Mcdonough. We would love to do the cleaning for you, so you have more time to do what you love this fall. As we say, cleaning is for the birds!