Christmas time can be an exciting, yet stressful time of year. If you’re like most people, your days will be filled with cooking, shopping, cleaning, and other holiday activities to make sure that you’re ready for the big day on December 25th. However, another important aspect of the holidays—your home—can easily be forgotten if you don’t take the proper precautions! Follow these 10 tips from Cardinal Cleaning on how to get your home ready for Christmas!
The holidays are a time for family, friends, and food. Lots and lots of food. If you want to make room for all those holiday ingredients and leftovers, you’re going to need to clear out your pantry and fridge. Dispose of any expired items and make notes of what your family did not use up, so you remember not to buy it next time!
1. Invest in some storage containers. Storage containers can be a lifesaver when it comes to keeping your holiday decorations organized. Label each container so you know what’s inside, and consider investing in different sizes to accommodate all of your decorations.
2. Get rid of anything you don’t need. Take this opportunity to declutter your holiday decorations and get rid of anything you no longer use or need. This will make it easier to find what you’re looking for when you start decorating next year.
3. Wrap delicate items carefully.
Get a head start on your holiday decorating by making some of your own decorations. DIY crafts are a great way to add a personal touch to your home and save money at the same time. Repurpose some of the things you already have around the house to create festive decor. A few well-placed holiday items can transform even the most mundane spaces into something special. Hit the thrift stores and garage sales to find affordable holiday decorations. You’d be surprised what you can find if you just keep your eyes open. Plus, if you like something but not the color, you can get crafty and fix it up with spray paint or acrylics for a fun art project!
One of the best ways to get your home ready for Christmas is to declutter and get organized. One area that can be easily overlooked is wrapping paper storage. If you don’t have a designated spot for storing wrapping paper, it can quickly become a tangled mess. Paper can unravel and get crumbled. To avoid this, create a wrapping paper storage solution that works for you and your space. You can purchase a wrapping paper roll rack or organizer online. Or, you can cut out even holes in a large cardboard box and place the rolls vertically.
Here are some fun ways to deck the halls and brighten up your space:
1. Hang up some lights. Lights are what really give a space that festive feeling. You can put them up inside and outside your home.
2. Place a wreath on your door. Wreaths are a classic Christmas decoration that add a touch of elegance to your home’s décor.
3. Put out a Nativity scene. Nativity scenes are not only beautiful, but they also remind us of the true meaning of Christmas.
4. Set out a bowl of candy canes.
5. Hang up mistletoe on the ceiling – maybe at your front door!
Your home’s curtains are one of the first places that guests will look when they come over, so you want them to be cheerful and inviting. Consider adding some festive ribbon or garland to the tops of your curtains, or hang wreaths from the rods. You could also add some sparkle with some gold or silver garland, or go for a more natural look with evergreen branches. Whatever you choose, make sure your curtains are ready to welcome holiday guests into your home.
One of the best ways to get your home feeling festive is to add some holiday plants and greenery. A few sprigs of holly or some pinecones in a vase can really set the tone. You can also try stringing up some fresh garland or adding a wreath to your front door. Whatever you do, make sure to keep things fresh and cheerful!
Of course, this also includes putting up a Christmas tree! Pick out your favorite from a local farm or opt for a reusable one. Either way, it is always fun to decorate with lights and ornaments!
No matter what your budget is, there are plenty of ways to add some extra holiday cheer to your home. One of the easiest and most impactful ways to do this is by adding string lights. You can drape them across your fireplace, wrap them around your stair railing, or even just line them along your window sills. Not only will it make your home look more festive, but it’ll also make it feel cozier and more inviting. You can also use Candles with wintery scents to spice it up!
No matter how much you love giving gifts, wrapping them can sometimes be a pain. But it doesn’t have to be! With a little bit of creativity, you can make your presents look as festive as the rest of your home. Here are 5 ways to get your wrapped gifts looking great:
1) Purchase some mini-gift bows and ribbons and wrap some paper around one edge of the gift and then tie a bow on top with ribbon in matching color or holiday pattern.
2) Use twine or raffia string to tie off a package with knots, twists, or even try tying multiple strands together in a nice weave pattern.
3) Use newspaper for unique wrapping. You can even paint and decorate it.
4) Add gift tags that match the vibe!
5) Add an envelope with a thoughtful card.
No one wants to start the holidays with a messy house. Give yourself a head start by scheduling a deep cleaning with Cardinal Cleaning before the chaos of decorating and entertaining begins. We’ll do the cleaning, so you can enjoy the holidays to the fullest!
Need your home cleaned for Christmas or any other celebration? You know who to call!
Get your home ready for the celebration of Christmas and other holidays! Cardinal Cleaning will take care of what we do best – the cleaning! We provide different cleaning services that fit your needs including: move-in/move-out cleaning, one-time cleaning, recurring cleaning and even small office cleaning services. You can reach us at 404-920-8551 or email us at email@example.com for a free quote.
Cardinal Cleaning values consistent, quality service and trustworthy business practices. Our cleaners will use proper procedures and techniques to ensure you and your loved ones can enjoy cleanliness in your home. If you are in need of a cleaning service that provides consistent quality and service, we are your go-to local house cleaning service serving Conyers, Georgia, as well as nearby areas including Covington, Loganville, Oxford, and Mcdonough. We would love to do the cleaning for you and yours this holiday season! Like we say, cleaning is for the birds!